[ Новые ответы · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · ]
[ ~New replies~ · ~Members~ · ~Forum Rules~ · Search · ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум TK » English Forum » TK - news » Takeshi Kaneshiro nomination in Taiwanese film awards (dicussion)
Takeshi Kaneshiro nomination in Taiwanese film awards
mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 17:50 | Сообщение # 1
TK Bishamonten incarnation
Статус: offline
Ok I put this article here, but I would like you, people to be gentle on that
Takeshi Kaneshiro nomination disqualified from film awards
the article itself link
Takeshi Kaneshiro nomination disqualified from film awards

November 1, 2008 by Dennis Amith

Takeshi Kaneshiro continues to be one of the more well-recognized faces in Asian cinema and was in a possible running for special prize honoring local talent for the Golden Horse Film Awards in Taiwan.

But the actor’s nomination was disqualified because although he was born of a Taiwan mother and Japanese father, he is a Japanese citizen.

According to a quote on Japantoday.com, the organizers of the film awards commented, “The jury is not sloppy in the nomination process … although we revoke Mr Kaneshiro’s nomination, we still acknowledge his achievement in Chinese cinema,” they said in a statement defending the move.”

In major I was confused by the content and for a long time did not want to put it here. but I this that is strange that Chinese actor is disqualified from the Chinese film awards for not bein Chinese?
Call me a scandalist but that sounds strange.

May the Force Be With You!

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 18:48 | Сообщение # 2
TK Jedi Master
It took them 7 hours to reverse their decision. He has been quoted saying that his nationality is Japanese, so even though he is part Taiwanese, the officials disqualified him because his nationality isn't Taiwanese. But he's still part Taiwanese.

The whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 19:09 | Сообщение # 3
Samanosuke, same to me too. I think that is strange that a person who mostly is acting in Chinese movies can be disqualified from Chinese film festivals - I do not think that was 'cause of him being a citizen of Japan. But I do not want to make any consumptions on that either.

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 19:52 | Сообщение # 4
TK Jedi Master
HONG KONG -- Asian superstar Takeshi Kaneshiro has been disqualified from competing in the Outstanding Taiwanese Filmmaker of the Year category at this year's Golden Horse Film Awards, due to a mix-up over his nationality in the application process.

Kaneshiro, who has mixed Japanese and Taiwanese parentage, nevertheless holds Japanese citizenship, which disqualifies him from the prize.

The exclusion leaves "Cape No. 7" director Wei Te-sheng and cinematographer Li Lung-Yu as the sole contenders for the Outstanding Taiwanese prize.

Winners will be announced Dec. 6 as part of the Golden Horse Film Awards in Taichung.

Source.

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 19:57 | Сообщение # 5
Samanosuke, that is really unfair. I wish to know how TK feels about that. I believe he considers that unfair too sad

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:12 | Сообщение # 6
TK Jedi Master
When he was nominated, he thanked all those who congratulated him for getting nominated. He was irked (for sure!!) when the decision was revoked but he took the news with grace and accepted it.

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:21 | Сообщение # 7
Samanosuke, he is a person to be respected because of his noble behaviour and honor
smile

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:28 | Сообщение # 8
TK Jedi Master
Just like Samanosuke. biggrin

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:29 | Сообщение # 9
Samanosuke, I have only seen couple of moment from the game but yes))))) you are true smile

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:46 | Сообщение # 10
TK Jedi Master
I serve no one!! My life is mine alone to command!!

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:48 | Сообщение # 11
Samanosuke, guess that is from Onimusha wink

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 20:53 | Сообщение # 12
TK Jedi Master
But of course. Hideyoshi is like "why don't you come and join us in the Oda Clan?" And Sammy is all like "NU UH!! MY LIFE IS MINE!! NO ONE ELSE CAN COMMAND IT BUT ME!! Except for Kaede. And, possibly, that Crazy Lady from Canada. BUT OTHER THAN THOSE TWO!!"

mikomiДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 21:43 | Сообщение # 13
Samanosuke, biggrin :D biggrin :D
PS - you gotta write stories happy

SamanosukeДата: Понедельник, 16.02.2009, 22:46 | Сообщение # 14
TK Jedi Master
I would, I would, but I have severe memory loss. Lots that I write, I have to go back continuously much more these days, to make sure I haven't repeated anything.

OgnyanaДата: Вторник, 17.02.2009, 14:42 | Сообщение # 15
TK Jedi
If you are speaking about him being disqualified from the Taiwan Film Award (Golden Horse), it's no news. I think it became known in November. If I am not mistaken, his name is not mentioned among the nominees for 28th Hong Kong Film Award either - http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=5398. "Red Cliff 2"is, but he isn't.
It's incomprehensible - one of the best actors of the whole Asian cinema - and lo! I think it's more than strange, to the extent that I start suspecting that some backstage scheming is involved.
Anyway, it's not that they 'punished' him - they punished themselves, giving ground for doubting their honesty and competence.
Long after members of these juries sink into oblivion his films will be watched and his acting enjoyed.
As for him being 'his own man' and never losing manners and grace, the more respect he deserves.

Querer es poder.

Форум TK » English Forum » TK - news » Takeshi Kaneshiro nomination in Taiwanese film awards (dicussion)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск: