[ Новые ответы · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · ]
[ ~New replies~ · ~Members~ · ~Forum Rules~ · Search · ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум TK » English Forum » Takeshi Kaneshiro - movies » Forgotten films?
Forgotten films?
OgnyanaДата: Вторник, 10.11.2009, 18:20 | Сообщение # 1
TK Jedi
Статус: offline
At http://www.asiandb.com/browse/people_detail.php?code=280 there are two more films with TK mentioned - California (1997) directed by Johnny To and God of Gamblers II (1991) (Dou Hap http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101763/ ) directed by Jing Wong.

The imdb page of Dou Hap has no mention of Takeshi, is he really there?

I can't find info about To'c "California" either.

Help!!!! Who knows anything about these films and TK's participation in them?

And on TK's imdb page there's no mention of "Seiya no Kiseki (A Miracle on a Holy Night)" , though this TV special DOES exist, I saw it with my own eyes. Who can help update the info on TK's imdb page providing detail required?

SamanosukeДата: Вторник, 10.11.2009, 22:29 | Сообщение # 2
TK Jedi Master
The first one isn't likely because his first ever movie role was in 1993, Executioners, and that was his first and last co-starring role.

"California" does sound like "The Odd One Dies" as he's only been in two of To's productions thus far, that one and "Turn Left, Turn Right".

That particular drama could be under "Miracle on a Christmas Night".

mikomiДата: Вторник, 10.11.2009, 23:11 | Сообщение # 3
TK Bishamonten incarnation
As the matter of fact it could have helped if there was a kanji list of his movies >_____<

OgnyanaДата: Среда, 11.11.2009, 07:26 | Сообщение # 4
TK Jedi
Samanosuke,"Miracle on a Christmas Night" (also known as Christmas Miracle, and (A Miracle on a Holy Night), I agree, but I don't see it on his imdb page. I know for sure that it's a TV special, runtime about 37 min., starring Takeshi Kaneshiro and Rie Miyazawa, produced by Fuji TV and first aired on December 23, 1995 in Japan. Frankly speaking, I think it should also be on the list.

About the other two films - I agree it's the first time I see them mentioned in connection with TK, but how come asiandb provides such detail? Just go to the pages of these films... As for the 1991 production, he could be somewhere among other actors (uncredited?), and as for California it looks very much like The Odd One Dies, I agree... By the way on imdb page The Odd One Dies is called a sequel. A sequel to Too Many Ways to Be No. 1. (Yi ge zi tou de dan sheng (1997) ). And the director is not Johnny To, but Tat-Chi Yau. So, I'm at a loss. May it be that the film was planned as California by To, but then everything changed and it turned into The Odd One Dies?

IMDB itself is not flawless either, there are some omissions and mistakes, though I agree that it's the best movie db in the west (knowing nothing of Asian dbs).

If you, or anybody else, could find more info on TK and those films, I'd be very much interested and grateful.

Сообщение отредактировал Ognyana - Среда, 11.11.2009, 07:44

mikomiДата: Среда, 11.11.2009, 15:10 | Сообщение # 5
TK Bishamonten incarnation
while searching for the God of Gamblers II which I have found I recalled that when we started working on the site with Violette13 we bumped on this film but when searching for the TK taking part in the film confirmation it appeared that there is no confirmation
so here are the links to all of the God of Gamblers movies
on IMDB:
Du shen - the God of Gamblers (1989) cast - no TK
Zai zhan jiang hu - aka - Gods, Gangsters and Gamblers
Dou hap aka God of Gamblers II (1991)
Du xia II: Shang Hai tan du sheng - aka God of Gamblers III: Back to Shanghai (1991) a bit different from the Yun-Fat Chow's film
Du shen 2 - aka God of Gamblers 2 (1994)
Do san 3: Chi siu nin do san - aka God of Gamblers 3: The Early Stage (1997)
no mentioning of Takeshi Kaneshiro in those movies. Then we both thought it was because he was not credited in the films. I actually have not seen any of the God of Gamblers so I have no idea if he is there. Guess you gotta ask of those who have seen the movies.
on yesasia* god of gambler return* god of gamblers 2*check more

No ideas abou the California film at all surprised

SamanosukeДата: Четверг, 12.11.2009, 04:54 | Сообщение # 6
TK Jedi Master
You have to remember that in Asia, a lot of times movies go by other names in various Asian countries and that actors/actresses/directors/etc. go by more than one name. While we mostly call him Takeshi Kaneshiro and he is credited as such in anything he does, in the Chinese entertainment circle, he goes by Jin Cheng Wu and that does confuse some people.

In the case of California, it's actually The Odd One Dies. Look who he's credited with and you'll see the exact same people and story with both titles.

House of Flying Daggers and Lovers both work for Shi Mian Mai Fu, even though it literally translates to Ambush in Ten Directions.

Сообщение отредактировал Samanosuke - Четверг, 12.11.2009, 04:55

OgnyanaДата: Четверг, 12.11.2009, 06:04 | Сообщение # 7
TK Jedi
Hi, Samanosuke! smile I agree about "California", though it seems to me that asiandb has the outdated info - the film was planned to be directed by To, but it turned out the other way.

As far as The God of GAmblers is mentioned, TK is mentioned on asiandb only for The God of GAmblers II 1991, no other parts of the film have any link to him.

I absolutely agree that not only Asian stars go by different names in Asia, but their films as well. E.g. I found
Pick up Artist (1996) that must be Feeling of Love
Military Horn (1995) - Forever Friends
Yes, Sir Series 3 (1993) - No Sir.

It can be rather confusing.

So I insist on nothing, but well, the info on asaindb caught my attention.

At present, if we can't say anything definite on these 2 films mentioned, 'let's concentrate on the lost button" - that is on "The Miracle on a Christmas Night" with all the details.

Сообщение отредактировал Ognyana - Четверг, 12.11.2009, 13:46

SamanosukeДата: Пятница, 13.11.2009, 00:47 | Сообщение # 8
TK Jedi Master
Like I've said previously, he wasn't in God of Gamblers because the first movie he ever done was in 1993 and California is another name for The Odd One Dies. Compare who's who and the story and it's the exact same movie.

Pick Up Artist is Feeling of Love.

I sound harsh!! Sorry!! Not my intention!! surprised

Сообщение отредактировал Samanosuke - Пятница, 13.11.2009, 00:55

OgnyanaДата: Среда, 18.11.2009, 10:42 | Сообщение # 9
TK Jedi
Rather businesslike, though actually repeating my words. smile Well, as I already said (see above), I agree. Let's agree that there are lots of mistaken info on the Web. Nevertheless, now we cleared the question up, dotted our I's and crossed our T's.

So, what about details on "Christmas Night"? Any helpful additions to the info given above? Distributor, director, other cast, composer, etc.?

Добавлено (18.11.2009, 10:42)
---------------------------------------------
And one more puzzle - who happens to know anything about that - http://hkmdb.com/db....set=eng ?????

Does Soak Woman (2005)

Languages: Cantonese Mandarin
Genre: Comedy

Director
Chu Yen-Ping

Cast
Kaneshiro Takeshi
Yeung Si-Man
Wong Yat-Fei

SamanosukeДата: Четверг, 19.11.2009, 05:32 | Сообщение # 10
TK Jedi Master
"Does Soak Woman" is "Young Policemen In Love" and "Don't Give A Damn" is "Burger Cop".

Форум TK » English Forum » Takeshi Kaneshiro - movies » Forgotten films?
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: